NOTE: OFFICIALLY COACHING APPLICATIONS ARE NOW CLOSED. IF YOU WISH TO APPLY FOR A HEAD COACHING POSITION YOUR APPLICATION WILL ONLY BE CONSIDERED IF AN AVAILABLE ROLES EXISTING. ASSISTANT COACH POSITIONS ARE STILL OPEN.
Geelong Supercats are calling for Expressions of Interest for following roles for our Victorian Junior Basketball League (VJBL) Teams for the 2016/17 VJBL season:
These positions are available for the following age groups
Under 12 Boys and Girls
Under 14 Boys and Girls
Under 16 Boys and Girls
Under 18 Boys and Girls
Under 20 Boys and Girls
Our aim at the Supercats is to provide our teams with the best possible chance of competing at the highest level of junior basketball and with this in mind coach positions integral part of our structure.
In the 2016 / 17 season the Geelong Supercats are proposing to field a maximum of 3 teams in each of the age group with a focus on providing high levels of resourcing to coaches and players that are successful in making our program.
Interested coaches need to meet the following criteria:
- Attendance at selection try outs in early October 2016 (Sunday 9 October & Sunday 16 October)
- Weekly attendance at training sessions and games (Sunday is a compulsory training day for our teams, additional training’s are available through liaison with the Director of Pathways and Development)
- Regular attendance at VJBL coaches meetings
- Follow the Supercats game style as provided by the Director of Pathways and Development
- Attendance at club sanctioned tournaments
- NCAS Level 1 Accreditation or intention to complete the course
- Working with Children Check and VJBL Statutory Declaration
- Adherence to the Basketball Victoria Coaches Code of Conduct
Please complete the online registration below or for further information please contact:
Director of Pathways and Development
Applications close Friday 12th of August 2016