The hype continues to build ahead of round one of the first ever NBL1 season with today’s release of the season fixture which will provide Luina Bio Supercats fans with ten action packed home games in 2019 over 15 exciting rounds of competition as well as opportunities to hit the road to support the women and men with scheduling wins for the club throughout the season.
With just three Friday night fixtures featured in 2019, the Supercats will have the opportunity to play in six Saturday night fixtures as well as a Sunday afternoon matinee against Diamond Valley, the schedule is a huge win for the Basketball community in Geelong that will ensure the Arena is packed to the rafters to support our teams in 2019.
Basketball Geelong Chief Operating Officer, Greg Vanderjagt lauded the release of the season schedule and the position of strength it places the Supercats teams in; “This is a great opportunity for our community to get behind the Supercats in 2019 with a strong, fan friendly schedule in the first year of NBL1”.
“Our coaching staff have done an incredible job of putting two rosters together which will compete for titles in 2019 and we are excited to get these athletes on the floor and in front of our fans. We have a lot of big things planned for 2019 to engage our fans and the wider Geelong community with the Supercats and being handed such a favourable schedule is the first small victory for our club”.
Highlights of the 2019 NBL1 season for the supercats include:
- The Supercats men will launch the 2019 season against arch rivals and old NBL foes Nunawading on Friday 29th March in a blockbuster game which promises to evoke fond memories of NBL battles in the 1980’s. The Spectres finished the 2018 SEABL season as the men’s runner’s up to a powerhouse Hobart Chargers outfit and are sure to be one of the leading title contenders once again in 2019.
- The Supercats will celebrate Easter with a clash against the Eltham Wildcats at The Arena on Saturday 20th April, a great chance for a big family night over the long weekend.
- In an ANZAC Day blockbuster, the Supercats will journey to Canberra to lock horns with the Basketball Australia Centre of Excellence. Keep an eye out for the supporters’ tour on this trip in what will be one of the biggest events on the NBL1 Calendar in 2019
- Saturday April 27th will see the Supercats celebrate the 20-year anniversary of the 1999 championship team when we take on Melbourne Powerhouse Kilsyth. A night of celebration not to be missed as we recognise our club’s great history.
- Circle Saturday June 15th on the calendar when the Ballarat Miners and Rush come to town to renew our fiercest rivalry. There will be plenty of feeling in these match-ups between two of country Victoria’s premier associations.
- The Supercats will have to contend with the Launceston Tornadoes and their title defence in round 11 when they make the trip from the Apple Isle. Head Coach David Herbert will have his troops geared up for this big clash in what is sure to have a big impact on the playoff picture.
- The final round of the NBL1 season we will welcome Country Victoria rivals Bendigo into our house as we prepare for a deep playoff push in 2019. A big Saturday night fixture on the 20th July awaits Supercats fans, it’s going to be HUGE!
Now is the time to grab your Supercats 2019 season membership, with a fan friendly draw, two incredible rosters and the very first season of NBL1 on our doorstep this is a year not to be missed to catch the Supercats LIVE AND LOUD at The Arena. Keep an eye out for more exciting player announcements in the coming days which are set to ignite the Supercats 2019 season.
Head to our online store to lock in your season tickets or call the Supercats office on 5277 1388 for more information.