More than 345 kids have put their best foot forward at the Supercats 2018 VJBL Try Outs. Director of Pathways and Development David Herbert was ecstatic with the numbers noting that the numbers will allow us to have a minimum of 2 teams in all girls age groups and at least 3 teams, but more like 4 teams in all boys age groups (excluding U20’s). Herbert would like to see more girls attending next week giving the club the opportunity to enter 3 teams in each female age groups.
Didn’t make it this weekend, don’t stress the Supercats have a second and final Try Out next weekend and it’s not too late to register. CLICK HERE TO REGISTER
Don’t know what VJBL is… Here’s a brief run down.
- VJBL is a state based Junior representative competition played across Geelong, Melbourne and South East Victoria.
- Games are played on Friday nights, with U12 starting earliest, through to U18’s and U20’s occasionally not finishing until around 11pm.
- All Supercats VJBL teams train on Sundays for 1 1/2 – 2 hours, with most first teams and some lower grade teams mixing in a second training session mid week.
- The Supercats select multiple teams in each age group, with first teams focused on playing in the highest competition Victorian Championship (VC), the second team focused on remaining in VC the following year and 3rd teams and below focused on development of players for future years.
- VJBL is a competition above the Geelong Basketball League club competition. All Supercats players must play in the GBL as the VJBL players ensure our local competition is the strongest possible competition.
- If you have any more questions please email email@example.com