The Quick Start Development Program is designed to assist our domestic basketball players and coaches to further their skills in the game. The design of the program is based around teaching the basic fundamentals of the sport so as to help our clubs grow and develop their programs.
It is open to all domestic players in the Under 10, 12, 14 and 16 age groups. Players will be placed into groups according to physical size, skill level and ability to help maximise all players opportunity to grow within the program.
Each player will be provided with feedback and provided a home program where they can further develop their skills.
One of the main aspects of the program is coach education and Geelong United encourage as many coaches from our clubs to come along and learn from our best coaches. David Herbert will guide the coaching program and along with other Geelong United coaches will provide coaches with a knowledge of the latest teaching techniques and philosophies.
Objectives of the Program:
- To assist the player and coach education of our domestic program in Geelong
- To provide each player with a knowledge of basic Basketball Fundamentals of how to shoot, dribble, pass, rebound and defend to increase their level of performance.
- To provide players and coaches with feedback to help them reach their Basketball goals and dreams in the future
- To assist players and coaches with a knowledge of what it takes to play representative Basketball.
- To teach the latest philosophies and techniques to players and coaches which will in turn increase the education opportunities within the Geelong United Representative Program.
|1||Friday 14 June|
|2||Friday 21 June|
|3||Friday 28 June|
|4||Friday 19 July|
|5||Friday 26 July|
All sessions conducted at AWA Alliance Bank Stadium, 20 Crows Road, Belmont.
- 4pm to 5.30pm
Cost of the program:
$50 which includes specialist coaching, feedback, court hire and insurance
CLICK HERE TO REGISTER NOW[/text_output]