Having entered into the 2017/18 Country Basketball League (CBL) season late, the Geelong Supercats reigned supreme taking out the 2018 Women’s Championship. In 2018/19 the reigning champions will return and this time they will bring their male counterparts with them.
The Geelong Supercats are now seeking expressions of interest from Coaches, Players and Officials for the CBL 2018/19 season. The club sees this as an important piece of the development program and is excited that the CBL will return to AWA Alliance Bank Stadium.
Geelong Supercats are calling on applications for the following positions;
Head Coach CBL Men
Head Coach CBL Women
Assistant Coach CBL Men
Assistant Coach CBL Women
Team Manager CBL Men
Team Manager CBL Women
- Coach in the Geelong Basketball League and/or Geelong Supercats VJBL and Senior Programs
- Hold a Club Coach Accreditation (Level 1)
- An eligible Working with Children’s (WWC)
- Previous coaching experience or played at an appropriate level
- The ability to conduct, train and communicate with players in a professional and informative manner in line with Supercats style of play
- Be a lead coach in the Geelong Supercats SEABL Development Academy
- Design and implement an additional weekly training session in addition to the Geelong Supercats SEABL Development Academy
- Dress appropriately in supplied Geelong Supercats attire at practises and games
- Adherence to the Geelong Supercats / BVC Coaches Codes of Conduct
All coaches will be encouraged to attend educational sessions, coaching clinics, and accredited coaching courses throughout the 2018/19 season under the guidance and support of the Geelong Supercats
The selection of all coaches will be undertaken by a panel within the Geelong Supercats Program which will then be ratified by the Basketball Geelong commission before announcements are made.
For further information or enquiries regarding Geelong Supercats coaching opportunities, please forward email,
The CBL will form an important component of the Supercats SEABL Development Academy Program by exposing young players and players with potential to play SEABL to playing senior levels of Basketball.
- Players will be invited to attend the Geelong Supercats SEABL Development Academy Program to be conducted on Monday
- Women 5pm to 6.30pm, Men 6.30pm to 8pm
- Players invited will be out of our Supercats Under 16, Under 18 & Under 21 teams
- An additional 6 players will be invited to attend out of our Big V Youth League, Division 1 and SEABL Players, these players will show potential to play SEABL in the future.
- A total of 30 players will be invited to attend the CBL program for both men and women
- From this squad the Head Coach along with senior coaches will select a CBL squad which will compete in the competition across the 2018/19 season
- 70% of the team will be formed from our Under 16, 18 and 21 VJBL teams
- Pre-season for our senior teams will be incorporated with this group
Players please note. There will be a $200 registration fee payable for participation in the CBL program. This fee covers Team Entry, Score table and Referees, plus ensures all CBL games are FREE ENTRY to assist in ensuring our teams have good crowds each home game. The Fee does not cover uniform expenses. Players that do not have an existing BigV or SEABL uniform may need to purchase singlets and shorts.
All expressions of interest must be submitted using the links provided by Tuesday 31st July
Questions or queries should be emailed to: email@example.com